Join the Club! Our exclusive membership program is the ultimate destination for Hot Wheels collectors. Learn More
Missed out on this sale?
Sign up for email alert
By signing up, I agree to receive emails with stock alerts, offers, news, and other information from Hot Wheels Collectors and the Mattel family of companies. Unenroll any time by selecting "unsubscribe" in our emails.
Hot Wheels Collectors and the Mattel family of companies may use and link your email with other information (e.g., information collected automatically and information we receive from and share with 3rd parties including those based outside of the country or territory where you live) to send you personalized offers and ads, manage our business, and better serve you. Read our Privacy Statement for full details on how we use your information.SIGN UP
Release Date: 5/11/2021
Was it a pony or a snake? Well, either way, the “R” stood for “Race.” The 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra R, a pony car, was the exclusive racing edition of the Cobra, stripped bare of numerous standard power options in order to be made a competitor. Be a winner and preorder yourself this racer!
The model was equipped with a variety of topline parts, including braces, struts, springs, and shocks. Especially important were powerful rotors to ensure such a speedy car would be able to stop. In order to make room, or to lighten the Cobra, the following items are just some of what you would not find in the R: radio, speakers, air conditioner, rear seat, rear safety belts, and rear carpeting. After all, this track edition went from 0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds with a top speed of 140 mph!
There were reportedly only 107 of these vehicles produced and, though intended for racing, many of them were bought by private collectors – though the vehicle did manage to show up for successful competition in some notable races, including the Sports Car Club of America World Challenge.
Every one of the Cobra R cars produced was finished in vibrant red and featured gloss black-painted wheels and a chrome lug cover. Our newly tooled edition mimics that traditional external look, but also includes authentic interior, engine, and chassis details.
You’ll have your chance to get bit by this Cobra when we offer the car for preorder. Strike while the deal is open!
Orders will be taken for 48 hours, so all RLC members should be able to place your orders as long as you don’t miss the 48-hour offer window. This item will be made-to-order which means we will produce quantities to match the number of orders we receive. There is a limit of one per RLC account.
*Please note that made-to-order items will not reach you for several months after placing your order. Your method of payment, however, will be charged on the date you place your preorder.
- Features: Opening hood
- Body Color: Spectraflame red
- Deco: Authentic manufacturer logos
- Body Type: ZAMAC
- Wheels: Real Riders 5-spoke modern wheels with matte black hubs
- Base: Full-metal, matte black-painted ZAMAC chassis with painted details and engine with painted details
- Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
- Interior Color: Black with gray-painted details
- Packaged on a blister card in Kar Keepers clamshell case
- RLC 48-hour offer opens: 5/11/21 at 9:00 a.m. PT
- Offer closes: 5/13/21 at 9:00 a.m. PT
- Available only to RLC members
Pricing and Purchase Limits:
- Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
- We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
- Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit five (5) per household
- Refunds only, no exchanges
Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Subject to product availability.