Join the Club! Our exclusive membership program is the ultimate destination for Hot Wheels collectors. Learn More
Missed out on this sale?
Sign up for email alert
By signing up, I agree to receive emails with stock alerts, offers, news, and other information from Hot Wheels Collectors and the Mattel family of companies. Unenroll any time by selecting "unsubscribe" in our emails.
Hot Wheels Collectors and the Mattel family of companies may use and link your email with other information (e.g., information collected automatically and information we receive from and share with 3rd parties including those based outside of the country or territory where you live) to send you personalized offers and ads, manage our business, and better serve you. Read our Privacy Statement for full details on how we use your information.SIGN UP
Release Date: 5/25/2021
Whether you’re an automotive enthusiast or not, whether you knew what it was or not, this is one of those cars you’ve seen – and it undoubtedly left an impression. A perennial pick on any list of the most beautiful sports cars of all time, the ’55 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL is style and elegance personified. It’s unforgettable. Don’t forget to get yours!
German designed, this car is not only beautiful, but it was fast, too. Aimed directly at the American market, it didn’t miss its target. Movie stars, business moguls, sports figures … the mass appeal of this car made it a status symbol and a pop culture icon. It’s appeared in numerous films, too
It's only our second release of this casting, but – with a silver-colored chrome-plated finish – this edition pays homage to the most recognizable visual of the real thing. It features the iconic opening gull-wing doors and detailed interior. With Real Riders racing wheels and red-stripe tampo, there’s no mistaking this car was a racer! We’ve placed it in an acrylic display case; how else would you present such a crowd pleaser?
Interesting side note: The 300 SL heavily influenced the design of the DeLorean DMC-12, from the gull-wing doors to the intent to capture public attention. We released a DeLorean DMC-12 here on HWC in 2012 – with the polished chrome finish – so this makes a great companion piece in your collection. Providing, of course, you’re lucky enough to have both pieces.
While a real 300 SL would be very pricey to obtain, you’ll find ours for just the right price. Step up and step out with this touch of class!
- Features: Opening gull-wing doors
- Body Color: Polished chrome-plated finish
- Deco: Authentic manufacturer logos
- Body Type: ZAMAC
- Wheels: Real Riders racing wheels with red-stripe tampo
- Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
- Window Color: Clear
- Interior Color: Tan with painted details
- Packaged in an acrylic case within a sturdy box
- Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/20,000)
- RLC members (36-hour Priority Window): 5/25/21 at 9:00 a.m. PT until 5/26/21 at 9:00 p.m. PT
- Anyone (if not sold out): 5/27/21 at 9:00 a.m. PT
Pricing and Purchase Limits:
- Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
- We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
- Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
- On 5/27/21, unless sold out, anyone can buy unlimited quantities (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)
- Refunds only, no exchanges
Production car may vary from the photo shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.